Flower Fields

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

Spring has most definitely sprung! Saturday, Thomas and I headed up to Carlsbad to visit the flower fields. The sun was shining and no clouds were in sight although that made it feel a bit more like summer than spring. But one look at the field of vibrant blooms and it was apparent that it most certainly is spring. The rows and rows of varying flowers are so mesmerizing, we spent nearly two hours wandering the fields. Had the park stayed open past six, I am sure we would have stayed longer!

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

Dress: Adelyn Rae, Earrings: Ruche, Sandals: Ruche, Clutch: Vintage

I chose a crisp white dress to wear for our day at the fields. This dress has an intricate mesh and crochet on the dress and scalloped lace trim. I also really love the pretty, delicate buttons along the front. I paired the dress it with a pair of beige ankle strap sandals and pearlescent earrings. I finished the look off with a vintage beaded clutch that once belonged to my grandmother.  What I love about these photos is how the white dress stands out among the flowers. It’s my favorite shoot that we’ve ever done!

I hope you all are having lovely weather where you are and are enjoying this beautiful spring!

Flower Fields by Vegan À La Mode

13 Comments on Flower Fields

1. Claire
    March 30, 2015 at 11:43 am (3 years ago)

This is my favorite outfit post you’ve done so far!! I’m in love with your whole outfit, especially the shoes. It’s perfection. 😀 I love the contrast of the flowers with your dress, too! I just may have to drag William to this flower field haha. xoxo.

• Karissa Bowers
      March 30, 2015 at 12:21 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Claire!! You’re the sweetest! :) I think you and William would definitely enjoy the flower fields! It makes for a great date, oh AND Veggie Grill is literally right down the street! So you know where I went after this lol. Thanks for reading the post! <3

2. Carla
    March 30, 2015 at 4:07 pm (3 years ago)

Such a lovely dress! This pictures are so dreamy!

3. jenny beres
    March 31, 2015 at 9:36 am (3 years ago)

Love, love, love everything about this look sister! You’re absolutely beautiful and that dress is a dream. xo

• Karissa Bowers
      March 31, 2015 at 4:38 pm (3 years ago)

Jenny you are so sweet! I really appreciate you visiting my blog! Have a great evening :)

4. Grammy
    March 31, 2015 at 6:24 pm (3 years ago)

I love, love, love your dress, Karissa! You look so beautiful and Grampa and I have enjoyed those fields of flowers many times! Your photos are fabulous! XO

• Karissa Bowers
      March 31, 2015 at 6:32 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you Grammy for stopping by the blog! The flower fields were so beautiful and I’m so glad Thomas and I got to visit them!

5. Lia
    April 10, 2015 at 2:22 am (3 years ago)

Hi,

Love your photos, they are lovely! I want to buy the same dress but I don’t know what size to take… I hate it when they have xs and s, makes it hard to choose 😛

So when I saw your picture on ruche’s instagram, I thought maybe I could ask you what size did you buy. It would help me a lot !

• Karissa Bowers
      April 10, 2015 at 2:33 pm (3 years ago)

Size small! The dress runs true to size :) Thanks for reading!

• Lia
        April 10, 2015 at 11:16 pm (3 years ago)

Thank for the respond! But I must ask more! Does the dress fit closely to the waist?? Or it’s loose?? It is a fit and flare type of dress, right? It surely looks like one. I have several dresses in size small from Shopruche, but never one with 30″ waist line (as described on their website). Maybe the fabric is non-stretchable? I’m starting to think that they had measured the waist line wrong or “mistyped” it somehow…

Sorry if I seems a bit erratic over a waist line… but from where I live, I can’t return the dress once order… and I have send Ruche an email about this, but they still haven’t given me any answer yet… ;(

• Karissa Bowers
          April 12, 2015 at 2:43 pm (3 years ago)

It fits me perfectly and all of my dresses are usually size small. It definitely doesn’t have a 30″ waistline, that must be for a different size! I would say it would be a 24-26″ waist.