Today I thought I would do a little something different! I apologize for not posting as regularly, I am adapting to managing a photography business, working a full-time job, freelancing and running the blog! I love each and every job though so I am so thankful my time is filled with such amazing opportunities. But I do need to figure out how to better manage my time to make sure I have 2 new posts up each week! I’m hoping by March I will be back in my regular posting habit of Mondays, Wednesdays, sometimes Fridays. Anyways, today I am sharing some of my favorite links of the month!
1. Traveling With Eco-Friendly Goods – As you all know, I strongly believe in taking care of the earth by living an eco lifestyle so I love this post by Traveling Sea which shares insightful tips for traveling sustainably. There’s also a bunch of cruelty-free products shared in the post so be sure to read! The author of the blog is my friend Kellie who is a seasoned traveller and dedicates her life to volunteering and helping others through non-profit organizations. Kellie and her boyfriend, Gardner, are journeying across Southeast Asia and will be documenting their eco-friendly travels so be sure to follow along!
2. Daily Habits for Happiness: My Plan for 2016 – Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows is a huge inspiration to me for so many reasons and this post just reminded me of how much I admire her life perspective. She shares her small but effective habits to live a happier, more thankful lifestyle and I will be incorporating some of these into my life as well!
3. Vegan Sweet Potato Nachos – This is my first post for Organic Authority! I am so happy to be contributing my recipes on a site that is spreading the message of living a healthy, organic, and natural lifestyle! For my first recipe, I shared a healthier version of nachos using sweet potatoes and tofu sour cream.
4. Smoky Vegan Macaroni and Cheese – Thomas and I love vegan macaroni and cheese and have tried just about every recipe variation! This new twist of vegan mac and cheese by Blissful Basil was a fast favorite for us, with Thomas quickly declaring he would eat it again the next night and the night after that! Ashley’s recipes never let me down and if you have yet to try one of hers, this would be a great one to start with!
5. Audible – I am so obsessed with Audible at the moment! Well, really since November! Since joining Audible, in the past 3 months I’ve already listened to 8 books which is quite a lot for me considering I was averaging 1 book per year. Growing up, I was an avid reader and went through a book a week but since entering the adult world, I somehow became one of those people who claimed they didn’t have time to read (translation: didn’t make time to read.) But now, I can settle in with a good audiobook while editing photos or folding laundry so I still feel productive but get to engage the creative mind for a bit! Favorites include The Lake House by Kate Morton, Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling.
6. Fair Fashion Guide – Justine Kept Calm And Went Vegan is one of my favorite blogs because like me, Justine has a passion for compassionate, eco-fashion and vegan gluten-free food! Justine put together a resourceful list of vegan, ethical, and eco brands and bloggers! There’s so many amazing brands on there including some of my faves like Angela & Roi and also so many new brands I can’t wait to check out!
So those are my faves of the month! I am off to Whole Foods to pick up ingredients for a new recipe I am working on! I will hopefully be sharing it later this week or early next week